SCUBADOO DIVE OPERATING HOURS
When making a booking for scubadoo dive, please take the following into consideration:-
- >> We operate ONLY from Tuesday to Sunday between 9am and 5pm with last dive departing at 4:15 pm.
Please make sure that you arrive on time for your booked departure time as late arrivals cannot be accommodated, unless space permits in the next time slot.
- >> We do not operate on Mondays and public holidays.
- >> Each Scuba-doo dive session lasts approximately 25 minutes and is preceded by 15 minutes safety briefing on board.
- >> Sunset cruises depart from Trou aux Biches 60 minutes before sunset. Maximum number of participant is 20
Tips for a successful Scubadoo dive.
- >> Unlike sea surface boat tour, underwater activities are very sensible to changes in sea condition such as strong currents, winds, waves or poor visibility. In any one of these circumstances we will automatically re-schedule the dive. If you want to experience Scuba-Doo dive, better plan it at the beginning of your holiday in Mauritius. If weather conditions are not favourable on your preferred day you will still have time to re-schedule it for later.
- >>In Mauritius, the higher the sun climbs in the sky, more windy it will be; consequently more choppy will be the sea. As a rule of thumb, the best time to do a successful scubadoo dive is the earliest possible!
Our first diving sessions starts at 9h00 and sometimes earlier if necessary and continues hourly.
If sea temperature for morning dive is a matter of concern, be aware that in summer, the sun rises at around 5h00 AM and at 9h00 the sea is at bearable temperature. Diving costumes are also available on demand at not cost at the diving centre.
Probability for a successful scubadoo dive per morning hours is as follows:-
09h00 – 95%
10h00 – 50 %
11h00 – 10% or less
It is not advisable to choose an afternoon diving sessions for they can be done ONLY under excellent, exceptional weather condition, winter and summer alike.